Bonfire 1999 Memories

This is a collection of stories about the Bonfire 1999 collapse. If you have a story to share, please email me at aggieelf@yahoo.com, or add as a comment on the board.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Gone

I wrote this poem almost two years ago, posting it on an ezboard site I no longer keep up. You can visit that site here.
Gone

I grow old, while you remain young.
Each day the sun sets, but you never see it's beauty.
I remember crying at silver taps, holding onto my friend,
Never had those trumpets sounded so sad.
I will never forget that day,
The lights flashing, the darkness of the site,
The hundreds standing, when there should have been so much going on.
You never saw your fellow students wait in line to help, nor the horrible, indescribable look in eveyones eyes.
I wish you could have known how much we mourned,
But you never had the chance.
It should have been me, my class that died.
You were so young, far to young to die.
But you did.
I grow older, my class has moved on.
But a peice of me is frozen in that day,
A peice that cannot leave your grave.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger @OmarrCantu said…

    I was the on the Bonfire Coalition for Students committee while at A&M. Although I was not there when it fell,I transfered in 2002, I hold Bonfire very dear to my heart. This poem is amazing. It really captures that feeling, the feeling we all felt at 2:42am.

    If you get a chance, please visit my blog. Im new to this blogging stuff. Thanks so much! http://oicantu13.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home