Bonfire 1999 Memories

This is a collection of stories about the Bonfire 1999 collapse. If you have a story to share, please email me at aggieelf@yahoo.com, or add as a comment on the board.

Friday, December 10, 2004

Of tickets, planes, and tears

Funny thing happened to me about 3 weeks before the game against tu. I got homesick. It was my 3rd year at college, and I really hadn't had a problem with homesickness before. But this time, it hit me hard. Soooo, Priceline was logged onto and I had a ticket home for thanksgiving.
Then Bonfire fell. I lived on campus at that time, so I was immersed in what happened. By the time I had to leave to Austin for my plane, I just wanted to get away. The stress was so much!
A friend met me in Austin. We watched the candle lighting ceremony on his TV. I will never forget hearing the Spirit of Aggieland on the UT belltower.
The plane ride home was very stressful. Just waiting, waiting. When we landed,and I was almost of the plane, I couldn't take it any more. I saw my mom, and I ran to her arms. All the stress of the past week came out as I cried. I think I finally was able to grieve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home